So for the tailgating we decided to keep it low key. We had the perfect low key meal plan hot dogs, chips, and my friends awesome potato salad. To end the meal I decided to make some S'mores Cracker Candy that I found over at Bakergirl. I really, really suggest you give this one a try! I mean REALLY! These are soooooo yummy! You will not be disappointed!
S'Mores Cracker Candy source Bakergirl
12 graham cracker sheets
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 XL Hershey Bars (about 24 single squares)
1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place sheets of graham crackers on the prepared baking sheet making sure they are touching each other
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and sugar over medium heat
- Stir constantly until smooth and the mixture is just beginning to boil
- Remove from heat and pour over the arranged graham crackers
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until sugar mixture is bubbly
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and arrange one hershey square on each graham cracker square
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly browned
- Cool completely before cutting
These are so simple and deliciously sweet! I stored them in the fridge because they will definitely get melty and gooey at room temp. A perfect treat to enjoy while watching fireworks, cooking out, or any other summer activity you have going on. Enjoy!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 24 servings.
What I am Eating - Townsend House