Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Can you believe I forgot to take a picture of a recipe?!?  Yeah...me neither.  It was so good that there aren't any leftovers for me to even take a picture of.  Oh well.  I suppose that means I have to make it again and this time remember to take a picture :)

Now I made a bunch because we had friends over so feel free to halve the recipe or not.  It really makes great leftovers for lunches too!

Photo Source: AllRecipes.com

Tuna Noodle Casserole
3 - 6 oz cans of tuna in water, drained
1 - 15 oz can corn, drained
2 - 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup
1 cup frozen peas
12 oz egg noddles
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups reduced fat shredded cheese

  • Prepare noodles as directed on the package
  • Mix corn, soup, peas, tuna, and pepper in a large bowl
  • When noodles are done mix with tuna mixture and transfer to a casserole dish
  • Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes
  • Top with cheese and return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted
A simple and easy go to meal.  We definitely love this one.  I don't always make it so large.  Many times I halve the recipe and only use 1 can of tuna.  You can use only corn or peas and even add carrots.  I have added onion before too and that works.  Whatever you decide it is definitely a great way to get a delicious meal on the table in no time!

Below is the nutritional value per serving.  This recipe yields approximately 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 261 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
387
Calories from Fat
87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
9.7g
15%
Saturated Fat
3.1g
15%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
31mg
10%
Sodium
331mg
14%
Total Carbohydrates
50.0g
17%
Dietary Fiber
3.7g
15%
Sugars
2.1g
Protein
24.6g
Vitamin A 11%Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 18%Iron 6%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!