Thursday, October 4, 2012

Super Easy Meatloaf

Meatloaf is one of those you either love or hate it.  At least it seems that way to me.  I have never been a big meatloaf fan.  I remember calling friends and asking their recipes in hopes that someday I will find one I like. Finally, one of my friends gave me the simplest, tastiest meatloaf I have ever had.  It instantly became a hit in my house.

The original recipe she found over at the Kraft Foods website.  Now I will admit the Easy Pleasing Meatloaf is good, but it's not great.  So I tweaked it a little bit.  With the changes it is so incredibly yummy!  There are rarely leftovers and when there is we love meatloaf sandwiches for lunch the next day!



Super Easy Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 (6 oz) package chicken stuffing mix
8 oz tomato sauce (if I have the small V8 cans I use those and they work perfectly!)
2 eggs beaten
1 small onion, diced
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar (honey and light karo syrup work too)
  • In a large bowl combine everything except ketchup and brown sugar together (I use my hands...it just works better for me)
  • Shape into a loaf pan
  • In a small bowl stir together ketchup and brown sugar
  • Pour over the top of the meatloaf
  • Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 60 minutes or until done
There you have it!  The super easy meatloaf.  One of the only recipes I like.  Give it a try and I bet you'll love it too!

Below is the nutritional value per serving.  This recipe yields approximately 8 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 185 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
332
Calories from Fat
71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
7.9g
12%
Saturated Fat
2.7g
14%
Cholesterol
101mg
34%
Sodium
673mg
28%
Total Carbohydrates
24.2g
8%
Dietary Fiber
1.2g
5%
Sugars
9.3g
Protein
38.1g
Vitamin A 3%Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 2%Iron 28%
Nutrition Grade B+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!