Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce

I will be making oven baked BBQ chicken later this week so I decided to whip up a batch of barbecue sauce to have on hand since I was running low.  This is a simple sweet and tangy sauce that is very family friendly.  My family doesn't like heat like I do, but fortunately I like a sweet and tangy sauce too :)

This is super easy and most people will have everything right in their cupboard.  Once you make your own you will wonder why in the world you have been buying the bottled stuff.  It's just so easy and this stuff is just that yummy.  Whip up a batch for your fridge to have on hand the next time you want some good BBQ.



Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp dried minced onion
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp celery salt
1/8 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp liquid smoke

  • Combine everything in a medium saucepan and cook for 20 minutes on medium-low heat stirring occasionally
  • Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months
See I told you super simple and mostly staple ingredients.  So what are you waiting for?  Go make your own BBQ sauce and enjoy!  




Linked to:

 Ms. enPlace Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays Mandy‘s Recipe Box Nap-Time Creations mop it up mondays Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms The DIY Dreamer It's Overflowing The Stuff of Success Cheap Recipes and Money-Saving Tips It's a Keeper 52 Mantels Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Thrifty Texas Penny Mrs Happy Homemaker I Heart Nap Time Mixitup Addicted to Recipes Button, Page button Our Delightful Home Photobucket Gluten Free pantry What's cooking, love? Hubby Made Me Cast Party Wednesday BWS tips button

3 comments:

  1. This is a great BBQ Sauce, I will add it to my BBQ file and try it out. Hope you have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!