Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan

I found it so much easier having all the meals prepped and planned for the week.  I didn't cheat too bad, but when we celebrate a birthday one must have cake and ice cream ;)  I am super excited to continue with this plan.  It seems to have made life easier for everyone.  Even the kids are making healthier snack choices.  Maybe because they see me making those choices or maybe because we got rid of all the junk :)  Either way I am happy!

The weekly meal plan
  Above is the meal plan for the week.  The recipes are as follows:



The Chicken and Zucchini Stew is a veggie toss I have been making for years that I will add chicken to.  Stay tuned for the recipe on Tuesday.

The Caprese Wraps are another sandwich I make on the fly that I will be adding spinach and chicken to round out the meal.  I will post the recipe on Wednesday.

Swiss Roast - I have everything prepared in a large Ziploc Freezer bag ready to go and can't wait to try it out!

Lemon Garlic Chicken - Another meal I have prepped in the freezer and ready to go.  

If you have any questions about other meals planned just ask!  I will answer them as soon possible :)

Now onto the grocery list.  

Look at all the yummy goodness for this week!
With everything planned and purchased it is time to organize.  I have changed the plan so I start on Sunday.  That was actually my plan, but for some reason when I originally prepared the menu I had it starting on Monday.  Obviously you can start your meal plan on whatever day you prefer or whatever is easiest is for you.  The point is to help you become more organized and help you find a way that best suits your needs.

Alright now lets get onto the fun stuff...


There you have it!  All the snacks and meals measured for the week.  I can't begin to tell you how much easier this makes everything.  Not only that, but I am down 6 lbs (yes!  Even after eating pizza and birthday cake!) from 2 weeks ago.  By having everything laid out and prepared it takes away the urge to mindlessly snack.  And if I feel I need a snack or I am sorta munchie hungry I grab an apple with peanut butter or a bag of veggies with dip (I make sure there are extras prepared for everybody) or even a handful of nuts helps cut the urge.  

Leave yourself some healthy options for snacking and you won't be defeated.  There are so many options and I am impressed that I can make better choices now.  Good luck everyone and plan for a healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!