Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice

Now how can you have burrito bowls without a good cilantro lime rice?  For me it is a definite requirement!  I love seasoned rice...which is a new change because growing up I despised rice.  I think it was instant rice (I still don't like it) that soured me, but now that I am making different kinds of rice like basmati and brown rice I have been really enjoying it.

This recipe goes great with just about any cuisine.  It is a nice refreshing side bursting with flavor that goes with just about any meal.  Not to mention it is really easy to make :)



Cilantro Lime Rice
1 Cup Brown Rice
2 Cups Water (can use broth, but then I would cut out the Adobo)
2 Cloves Garlic
1 TBS Butter
Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
1 TBS Adobo Seasoning
1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
Juice of 1 Lime

  • Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat
  • Add rice and cook for about 2 minutes to help build the flavor
  • Add the garlic, lime zest and juice and cook for an additional minute
  • Add water and adobo seasoning, stir to combine
  • Increase heat to high and bring to a boil
  • Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until tender and most of the liquid is absorbed; about 40-50 minutes
  • Remove from heat and remain covered for 10 minutes
  • Fluff with a fork
  • Combine cilantro and the juice of 1 lime in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed
  • Stir into rice and serve
Easy peasy!  You could definitely use any kind of rice that you have on hand, but would have to adjust the cooking time depending on the type you choose.  You could also use a rice cooker which I would have done, but mine is still packed :(

Below is the nutritional value per serving.  This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 130 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
120
Calories from Fat
8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.9g
1%
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
5mg
0%
Total Carbohydrates
25.7g
9%
Dietary Fiber
1.5g
6%
Protein
2.5g
Vitamin A 2%Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 2%Iron 4%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!