Sunday, April 15, 2012

May Meal Plan and Grocery List

I have been a little under the weather which means I have been laying in bed and on the couch for the past few days.  I haven't cooked in in a few days or even wanted to (which you know isn't like me at all!).  So to pass the time I drafted up my meal plan and grocery list for May.

You will notice I have tons of fresh produce this month!  So that means the majority of my shopping will NOT be done in one bulk trip.  I will still buy everything I can in one trip and then divide the produce up by the week I need it.  

I have also decided to add at least one seafood meal per week.  We love seafood and I rarely cook it.  Not sure why not because it is really easy and simple.  Not to mention everyone loves it so that will be a positive change.  

I am still slightly over budget, but I have noticed it is slowly creeping back down.  I will be curious to see where I stand as compared to last year after I get this monthly shopping trip in.  As of right now I am pretty much in the same position as least year when I was couponing.  However, I am using tons more "whole" ingredients with a dramatic cut in the amount of preservatives and processed ingredients.

You will also notice I have added an extra day of either takeout or leftovers.  Mainly this is because with the weather nicer we are going to be busier and on the go quite a bit.  So I don't want to over buy and risk food waste.  If we end up with no leftovers I may just throw together a quick dinner salad, pasta, or some other quick meal.  We will see :) 

Now on to the fun stuff!  Here's the meal plan for the next month.  Just click on the picture to view it full size.


Lots of good stuff :)  Can't wait to have some of these meals!

Now the shopping list.  I had to move my continue my produce into column 2.  I told you we have tons of fresh veggies and fruits on the list next month!


I may add another package of Romaine and of course a few other items as I take inventory of what we need.  As always be on the look out for how I did on my shopping trips!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well ! Hope you feel and get better fast ! Well at least you got a chance to get your grocery list in check and organized ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am feeling much better today. It is definitely a positive thing to have the meal plan and grocery list completely done for May.

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!