Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Checklist for the Kiddos

Yesterday was not a good day in our house.  My daughter, who is 10, forgot to do everything she was suppose to do.  Chores, reading, homework, practice her instrument, end everything in between.  She has always needed little reminders so instead of "nagging" everyday I decided to make a couple of charts for her reminder.  Because I am in an apartment and do not want to hang anything on the walls I needed just basic charts that I could print and put in a sheet protector.  So I started browsing on Pinterestand found these cute little chore chart templates from Delightful Distractions

This is what I came up with:



I just slipped it into a sheet protector, hung it on the fridge, and then set a dry erase marker in the drawer next to the fridge.  So far so good.  It's only been the first day, but she read it this morning and started working on the chores she needed to have done.  And I am one happy momma because I did not once have to tell her what to do this morning.  So proud :)

I also made a hygiene checklist.  Same idea as the chore checklist, but I used a background template found HERE.  Ten year olds still need little reminders and this was the easiest way for me to do it.  There is a medicine cabinet next to our sink that is metal so I just hung it up there with a magnet after slipping into a sheet protector.

Do you see my typo??  I noticed it when I posted the pic...lol

Pretty simple, but she is able to read her reminders instead of me telling her all the time and then check them off her last as she does them.  No more nagging from me hopefully!  It's amazing how smooth our morning went :)

Don't forget to find My Road to Savings on Facebook and Twitter for more tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!