Friday, January 20, 2012

Busted the Budget



WOWZA!  I busted the budget, but I fully expected it this month.  To be fair I have included all the supplies I purchased to make my cleaning products.  All the essential oils, spray bottles, containers, and everything else in between.  The total cost for all those items ended up being $84.77.  I know it will even out in the end so I am not too concerned about being over budget at the moment.  Our laundry detergent is holding up extremely well and I haven't even put a dent in our supply!  I have a feeling it will last for a long time.  The dishwasher detergent is also working very well.  I do at least one load per day and sometimes two without any issues yet.  The other supplies are working well too.  I really like the glass cleaner and the surface spray the most.  They work really well, no harsh chemicals, and they are affordable!  That's a great combination to me :) The best part is these cleaners seem to last and I still have borax, baking soda, lemishine, essential oils, salt, vinegar, and spray bottles.  I am sure I have enough to last at least a year for everything except the detergent.  In the end I am looking at spending right around $100 for the year on cleaning supplies including laundry detergent!  That is AWESOME in my book!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog! I have you say your blog will be very beneficial to me as I have been trying to coupon recently! Also starting next Thursday I will be having a "nutritious and Delicious" link up where you post any healthy recipe you have made or one you made lighter. I would love it if you joined in!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I will definitely join you on Thursday! I hope I can be some help to you. I personally gave up coupons because of all the processed foods that were filling my cupboards. I now meal plan and budget to reach my goals. I am loving it much more and enjoying all the great foods I am able to cook and eat again!

      Delete
  2. Thank you :) It's always nice to hear some good feedback...I am now a follower of you as well.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!