Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Asian Marinated Roast

I really wanted to try this Asian Inspired Flat Iron Steak recipe, but I don't have a grill and I didn't feel like babysitting the broiler. So I thought why not adapt it to a marinade and then slow cook it the next day. I served ours with mashed potatoes and green beans to round out the meal, but rice and steamed veggies would be good too. 



Asian Marinated Roast
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Sherry
1/4 Cup Honey
2 TBS Sesame Oil
2 tsp Minced Garlic or 4 cloves minced
1-1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
3 lbs Top Round Roast (should use flank steak or something like it to grill)
  1. Add all ingredients except for roast into a Ziploc bag and shake really well to combine
  2. Once all the marinade is combined add brisket, remove all air from bag, seal tightly, and place in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours
  3. In the morning dump the contents of the bag into the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours until cooked and tender
You can't get much more simple than that!  Another plus is that everyone was happy with the meal, but next time I will cook it less. I ended up cooking it for about 8 hours and it was a bit dry...OOPS!  I am hoping we'll be moving within the next few months so we can buy a grill and I can try this grilled.  I LOVE grilled steaks :)

Overall this was good and we will definitely try it again. The only one who wouldn't eat was the picky one. I have to admit that he has been doing really well trying all these new foods I am cooking, but tonight he wouldn't even take a bite.  So the little one will probably get PB&J before bed so I can make sure he eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!