Saturday, December 17, 2011

Super Easy Fudge




I have been making this super easy fudge for years.  This year I just did plain chocolate, but you can do peanut butter, butterscotch, peanut butter chocolate, or any other flavor you would like.  I have always cut them up into squares, but this year I was browsing the web and saw a comment from a person who said she put hers in lined mini muffin tins (now why didn't I think of that???).  Seriously...what a great idea!!!  I will always make them this way from now on.  They have super cute holiday liners and are the perfect portion size.  I think they look so cute this way :)



Super Easy Fudge
1 - 12oz bag chocolate chips
1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
  1. In a double boiler melt chocolate chips and milk while stirring constantly.  For a double boiler just take a pan and fill with about 1-2 inches of water.  Set a heat resistant bowl on top (glass or stainless steel bowl).  The bowl should be on top of the pan and not in the water!  Do not boil the water, but bring it to a simmer (medium to medium-high heat) and then place the bowl on top of the pan. 
  2. Once all the chocolate is melted and smooth remove from heat and add the vanilla.
  3. Fill each lined cup with the fudge and refrigerate.
Super easy and simple, but yet oh so yummy!  And I love the idea of the mini muffin cups.  It helps to bring a little more festivity to the plate and it portions everything out for me easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!