Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sneak Peek Meal Plan and Grocery List



First, I started browsing to figure out what I wanted to make for dinner the first week of January.  Honestly it was pretty easy for me.  I just started by checking out Pinterest and StumbleUpon (I am completely in LOVE with both sites!).  Here is what I decided to make:
  • Indian Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhani) with Basmati Rice and carrots
  • Mongolian Beef with Steamed Rice
  • Broccoli Beef over Steamed Rice
  • Beef Stroganoff over Hot Buttered Noodles with side salad
  • Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Fresh Mozzarella, and Garlic
  • Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta al Forno with Garlic Bread


Once that was decided I needed to figure out what exactly I had on hand and what I needed to buy.  So I put together my grocery list and this is what I will need to pick up:

Cardamom pods
Garam masala
Curry powder
Coconut milk
Plain yogurt
Cheese cloth
3 lbs Flank steak
1 bunch Green onions
White wine (for cooking)
Broccoli
2 lbs beef (stew type)
Grape or Cherry tomatoes (10 oz or so)
½ cup black olives (kalamata)
1 – 1 ½ lbs fresh mozzarella cheese
Capers
Flat leaf parsley
2 lbs chicken
Basmati rice
2 gallons milk
Bread
Cucumber
Lettuce
Lemons
Lime
and of course Diet Pepsi :) I am starting to cut back that's what the lemons and limes are for...WATER! 
I also plan to pick up some type of "sticky rice" from the International Market, but that really depends on how expensive it is.  Otherwise white long grain will do :)

It may be a bit over my goal, but I need to get some spices which I do not have on hand and I am not sure how much those are going to cost me.  Hopefully it won't bust the bank too much ;)  Check back to see how I make the recipes and what we think of them! 

Pin It
Follow My Road to Savings on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!