Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ridiculously Easy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

Today I was going to make Ham and Potato Soup, but it was 62 degrees in Kansas City today so it didn't feel like soup weather to me.  It is suppose to drop 20 degrees tomorrow so maybe I will make the soup tomorrow or Friday.  Anyway, since I wasn't in a soup mood I needed to find something else to make for dinner tonight.  I had a 5 lb ham so I decided to finally make use of the free boxes of scalloped potatoes I had.  I used about 2 lbs of the ham and will use the rest of the ham for the soup later this week.  Now this is ridiculously easy to make, but I am sure there are many people who appreciate these types of recipes.  I know I love these types of recipes for a quick and easy meal when we are running around or if I am just tired and don't feel like slaving over a stove in the kitchen. 


Ridiculously Easy Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

2 Boxes of Scalloped Potatoes (you could use Au Gratin as well)
Diced Ham
Milk
Water
Butter
  1. Prepare the potatoes according to instructions on the box
  2. Add the diced ham and bake according to instructions on the box
Told you it was simple :)  I will add that I felt it was a bit salty.  Not sure if that was from the sauce or the addition of the ham.  I would probably try and add a veggie next time like green beans or broccoli to see if that helps cut the salt content.  All in all it was a really good dish that everyone liked and it was ridiculously easy to make.  We served ours with green beans and peaches on the side to round out the meal.  Hope you all enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!