Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Cookie Baking Time

Not too sure I will be doing any major grocery shopping  this week.  The sales don't look that great to me so I may just pick up some meat, produce, and milk at Aldi.  We will see, but it's not looking promising.  We will be busy this making cookies this weekend anyway.  My daughter is extremely excited to make Christmas cookies and we have our list of cookies to make.
 
I'm sure our cookies will look nothing like these, but we'll have fun making them!
After searching and reading many different cookie recipes we have come to a decision and our cookie plates will consist of the following:

Hot Cocoa Cookies
Haystacks
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Molasses Cookies
Sugar Cookies (decorated and frosted)
Reindeer Cookies (an old family tradition, I will post the recipe after we make them.  They are different than any other I have ever seen and everyone LOVES them!)
Simple Fudge

I think that is enough.  I actually had to scale back because my daughter wanted to make more.  I told her we would see how these go before we jump into more.  We would have cookies everywhere if it was up to her :)  She wants to make chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, gingerbread, and lemon cookies in addition to what we already have planned!  I am definitely looking forward to our weekend of Christmas Cookie baking and can't wait to share our goodies with everyone!

Make sure you check back for the recipes or find My Road to Savings on Facebook and Twitter so you know when the new recipes are posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!